Phero - The greek word wich means "to bear".
It is used in scripture in bearing light, specifically of the morning star as the Light Bringer.
The word, Photos, comes from the greek word which means, light.

Phero Photos - "To Bear Light"

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

I Belong To God






I say it. I say it out loud for minutes straight as I jog in the amber setting sky. Red, yellow, brown, and colors in between drop ‘round me, dancing up from the streets as cars brisk on a mission to get home from the work day.

Yes, I am that one talking to herself as she runs and some may think she has mental problems. I do actually, I mean who doesn’t battle the mind?  As these four words leave my mouth, the less the world around me becomes important.
 
I’m nearly five months pregnant but that doesn’t stop the whistle that screeches from the truck traveling opposite me. When men do this, my typical response is to fume inside with anger. I’ve been known to shoot the bird. I know, I’m not proud of it but I fail too. And that’s exactly what they want, a response. Second, my mind will unravel down a rabbit trail of being mistreated by men, my anger welling stronger, boiling, then hives result, stopping me in my tracks and I weep.

I walk myself home, breathe deep and pray for calm.



"I belong to God…I belong to God… I belong to God”, literally stops that whistle from touching me. In face of such truth, I was bullet proof! And for me, whistles feel like bullets because they trigger past wounds.


When you’ve been wrongfully touched, for this to NOT touch me was victory!

And so, I belong to God, you do too
and this is a far greater belonging than any other sinful, worldly trigger that says you belong to it. Go ahead, try it. Share your experience with me!


Running in truth with you,
Emily M.


linked with...
SDGConnectionsLaura Boggess



4 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm visiting from the SDG Gathering! This post fits with Jody Collins' ("Words not Weapons," #17) like hand in glove. I'm happy to see how God's very Word is a shield and refuge for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janice, I'm glad you stopped by! Grateful for your encouragement!

      Delete
  2. This was a beautiful post! I love this. I haven't had as much time to run, because of three little ones and work, but I always loved the mental part of it. The thinking. Pushing yourself. Reflecting. Wonderfully written! Visiting from Salt and Light Link-Up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz, I am about to embark on having 3 myself. Running may be few and far between. So glad you visited and were encouraged!

      Delete

You May Also Like...