Phero - The greek word wich means "to bear".
It is used in scripture in bearing light, specifically of the morning star as the Light Bringer.
The word, Photos, comes from the greek word which means, light.

Phero Photos - "To Bear Light"

Friday, December 24, 2010

A photo Bokeh for the Holiday


Bokeh -  is “the blur, or the aesthetic quality of the blur, in the out-of-focus areas of an image.”


I have been trying to teach myself this Bokeh technique for the past few days. One snow globe down and about 30 different shots with a number of objects and attempts; and I finally figured it out. (Note to self: Do not pull up blinds while breakable snow globe rests peacefully on the pane). There is always room to improve but what was an old ordinary bundle of glittering blue grapes that sat cattywonkus in our fir tree turned into something 'magical' with this purposed out-of-focus form of blur and light. What was even more magical was how pleasantly surprised I was that I didn't act like a crazy woman when shattering pieces of glass and glitter splattered all over my tiled floor. I began thinking... isn't this what blur and light is all about. What may seem to the eye another ordinary human being is yet to Him, who looks beyond, magically stunning. He purposes to use the 'out-of-focus' areas of our image to be shaped into something magical through our day to day happenings. He takes our blur and His Light and blends us into so much more than ordinary. So much more that we in fact are made ever so tenderly into His very image. So I in fact can respond peacefully to a not so peacful circumstance; such as scattering snow globe pieces. Its a little thing, I know, but if we cant let the little things shape us the bigger things will end up shattering us. 
His Bokeh is magical not only during the holidays but now and forever more!


Have yourself a merry little Christmas tonight!



On another note, here is my not so sheepish, Sheep and his TaTa who came to see his debut.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like...