Phero - The greek word wich means "to bear".
It is used in scripture in bearing light, specifically of the morning star as the Light Bringer.
The word, Photos, comes from the greek word which means, light.

Phero Photos - "To Bear Light"

Monday, April 8, 2013

Woven Prints


That good-ole' musty fragrance you only find in aged leather sits with us, our finger pads run lines over faces, places, points in history. The crinkle of plastic drifts by in the flip of each page and our giggles float to heaven. Wide-eyed in wonder with giddiness running through his pulse we talk about each and every picture. He's done this before, many times before but it's like the first time all over. 

You know what I am talking about. That feeling you get when you open up college bliss, surf family vacations years back, gaze through your wedding or even baby pictures someone else took time to keep safe. We love looking at where we came from, what we've done, who we've shared life with, the moments that have made us all of who we are and still to be. 

My boy asks the same familiar questions about what it was like when he was born, who was there, how it was the first time bathing, crawling, pulling up, etc. and then we close the book put it back and it sits happy until next time.

Then that sinking feeling in my stomach hits. My 3 and a half year old watches all of this and I get that knowing feeling deep in my marrow, when I know I must do something. I know that I have to print one for him. I'm a photographer. I have taken thousands of pictures of my second baby and all the in-between of my sons growing. Yet, why haven't I printed them in nearly four years? My computer files cannot gather me the very gift that I just encountered with Jackson.Those kind moments, those "ah ha!" moments, they are not from human hands but ones Who've woven mine.

and so here are some woven memories I have ordered to be printed ...







 Here are some memories made today that I will need to order in four years, "wink" ! 






Print your pictures. Print as many of them as you as you can. Rummage through all your digital files and start from where you last left off. Our computers no longer read or take floppy discs, remember those? Someday they will not take or read CD's and flash drives. Print your pictures. order prints from your photographer rather than a disc! Enjoy investing in the hand held memories we so long to cling to, yet can't.

      



No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like...