Phero - The greek word wich means "to bear".
It is used in scripture in bearing light, specifically of the morning star as the Light Bringer.
The word, Photos, comes from the greek word which means, light.

Phero Photos - "To Bear Light"

Thursday, September 11, 2014

The Gift of a Tight Budget





I never thought those words would roll off my tongue but grace breaks in against my will and I see a little more clearly. The good in what is right before me spells itself out in those five letters, G R A C E. A place setting, carefully put together just for me. Do I dare to eat from it? Mercies lead me before this feast, I pull up a chair and yes, I delight in the “richest of fare”. A small budget gives easy access for worry to strangle, my soul to sink, and a complaining spirit to quench the Holy Ones all the more.  Future savings or lack thereof, college degrees scare me and those surprise emergencies that really do seem to pop up each month.  My husband is one the hardest working men I know. He is service oriented, humble and giving. He is a teacher. A great teacher and his ESL students adore him. For us, the cost of school supplies, home repairs, monthly purchases of food & home supplies as well as medicines and gasoline scrape away those dollars and have us trusting God until the next pay check, every paycheck.  And I say, YES! This is all a GIFT! Here is what I have been able to see and taste and say without a doubt it is good…very good! 


1. A neighbor’s meal meaning extra $ for a meal out. God Provides.


2. Birthday gift cards that made all our children’s school supplies possible. God Provides.


3. A deep sense of prayer for a second car. Two years later that car was donated to us. God Surprises. 

4. The American Hospitals allowing for applications for Financial Assistance & coming through at 100%. God moves 'mountains'.

5. Photography sessions always come right before a repair, I mean always! How bitter I would be that the money would be there and soon gone all the while Jesus is living out his promise that He knows my needs before I ask.


6. Coming across coupons that really mean what they say! Two needs were met with only the cost of shipping.  God Provides.

7. Medicaid has provided for 2 of my pregnancies and 1 year following the birth and I no longer choose to be ashamed. We pay taxes and we see it used, not abused and we are thankful. God Makes a Way.


8. When it seemed impossible to find a good job, God opened one for Jack right before his last pay check stopped. We didn’t miss a month of income! God is timely. 


9. My home is full of family furniture passed down from parents and grandparents. They have given us family time within our den, a wrestling place upon a carpet, communion ‘round a wooden table, beds to read stories, pray prayers and dream, a writing desk where countless hours of God time is seen, a place we call HOME.

I don't know about you but this is an exciting adventure when I look at this way!


10. It’s your turn… How has the Gift of a Tight Budget blessed you? 


linked up with...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like...