Phero - The greek word wich means "to bear".
It is used in scripture in bearing light, specifically of the morning star as the Light Bringer.
The word, Photos, comes from the greek word which means, light.

Phero Photos - "To Bear Light"

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Little Boy Left Behind's








 These little boy left behind’s cannot be packaged or wrapped. They cannot be boxed and stored in my closet where the dust falls safe. They cannot be held in the palm of my hands though I eagerly long to gather them.  Yet, I have them now, at this moment and they are mine. I have many. So many I cannot keep count just as I cannot keep count the number of breaths I breathe each hour. Yet, these left behinds breathe right along with me and whisper sweet, “Momma I need you.” 






So, I bend my back low and carry ‘round my hip and I pour out my dry, cracking hands for the needs of my own… and sadly I still forget. I forget to pull from the One who’s back bent lower for me and who’s hands pour out over all the left behind’s that have settled since Eve left her garden. 








Not only dry and cracked but stained red as they dripped are THE HANDS that have let me taste and see through my little boys left behind’s so that I too will whisper…
“ I need You” to Him.  

2 comments:

  1. love this post emily! :) it encouraged me today!
    that one picture of "who's the leader?" reminds me of a post i did recently about kate...first i asked her who the leader of our family was...she answered daddy. and then i asked her who the leader of daddy was. she normally answers God or Jesus only this one time she answered mommy! oh no! :) i have lots to teach her and i think i will try to do a little artwork like you did to make it easier to conceptualize! thanks for that!
    glad to keep up with you better through the blog - love seeing your work (poetry and pics!) on here too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my heart is filled - encouraged and convicted as well. what beautiful pictures and words the Lord reveals to you emma! i love you

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like...