Phero - The greek word wich means "to bear".
It is used in scripture in bearing light, specifically of the morning star as the Light Bringer.
The word, Photos, comes from the greek word which means, light.

Phero Photos - "To Bear Light"

Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Tree House

What started as a children's Christmas play turned into an After-School Program, we have called The Tree House for over two years now. We don't know all the good or bad that goes on under the apartment roof of these children's homes but we do know what they find under the shade of The Tree House. My husband spends hours each week preparing, praying, teaching, training, and lets not forget playing;
 which has resulted in challenged minds, the musical chairs of friendships, un-copied & completed homework, mural-ed art brightly hung and the giggling of boys and girls which radiantly rises over the negative noise that shatters around me so often. Each week the ears of children are tickled with the written Word from the very Hand who drew the curves, colors, smiles, and even the scars among the lives painted in these pictures below.


The children hand designed & painted this mural.

 


























1 comment:

  1. That is amazing! Those kids will be blessed for years to come! Trust me. I came from an abusive home. My best friend, Karin,lived across the street and her mom was an angel. She welcomed me into her home, made homemade cookies, played the piano and sang to us, helped us with art projects ~ she was just amazing. Karin and her family moved when I was in the 2nd grade. We had been friends since I was three. I wasn't just heartbroken over losing my friend, I was also heartbroken over losing my angel "mother figure". For years I would play Barbies and in my imagination my name would be Karin, and her mom would be my mom. That memory carried me through and showed me what a real mom was supposed to be like. I had a glimpse of "normal" and I wanted it. So when I had my own kids, I wanted to be just like Karin's mom. I did the opposite of what I lived. I found Karin's mom, Nancy, about 10 years ago and told her what she meant to me growing up. She validated my story of my home life and has treated me with love ever since. She lives too far away ~ but we keep in touch. So what you are doing in the "Tree House" ~ you are showing these kids love. Not only from you and your husband ~ but the love of God. They will never forget it!

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like...