This same day in March, five years ago I wake to the chirping sounds of morning. Flutters inside and bliss from cheek to cheek radiate in and through my soul. I ready my shape to dress in white, I brush my face with color, I tangle my hair to smooth up into rolling forms of beauty; though some falls ‘round my forehead. I place lace upon my bun brunet. The same sun that met me with the chirping morn now highlights my silhouette and we stand only an aisle away face to face. My feet, dancing with bone leather and beaded pearls, step in sync with the instrumental air. Closer and closer to my groom I become. The pebbled stone between us comes to a close; only unspoken vows stand between us now. Our eyes meet, our smiles pierce through one another, and the words we utter leave our mouths and enter one another’s souls. Drops of wet roll down my cheeks, he wipes them away just as Jesus promises to do in the last day. Happy tears are what I tell our three year old when gazing through the leather bound book of pictures, now five years old too. Happy tears then, happy tears now.
This same day in March, five years ago, the rolling green behind us, the future before us… the future before us still. Still. I think on this word still. I think of Gods promises and the promises we made and must continue to make. I think of His promise to use our promised vows to accomplish this promise below…and still I am in awe that it’s you!
“Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations;
I will be exalted in all the earth.”
Psalm 46:10
I will be exalted in all the earth.”
Psalm 46:10
In honor of our fifth year anniversary,
I love you Jack Murphy
No comments:
Post a Comment