Phero - The greek word wich means "to bear".
It is used in scripture in bearing light, specifically of the morning star as the Light Bringer.
The word, Photos, comes from the greek word which means, light.

Phero Photos - "To Bear Light"

Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Sorry Box


A brown boarded box sits quiet on the kitchen table. Pieces of lined white paper rest close, the pencil lay in place beside the box, ontop the paper.
The bold black words written strong spell... Sorry Box.





A place where we write our sorry's, our mistakes, our shamful moments of the day that heavy sit on our souls go on these blank pieces of paper thin. The box keeps hold of these witten confessions so we don't have to.

I walk by this box every hour of the day and I am faced to ponder...
                                                                                     'Do I need to pick up that pencil wooden?'

More often than not the answer is, yes. 
So I sratch my sorry into the sheet, I fold it neat and push it through the slot. 


In the box, where darkness stays these sheets of paper white, now dark gray due to the lack of light, sit. They stay.

They stay, in the dark, in the gray just as He stayed.
 His linen white wrappings, red too with blood, then became black when the stone sealed the tomb.
Three days He lay.



We scribble down the dark in our lives not for pitty and not for glory, and not even because we think we have to....
                     we want to.

 I want to because I know the end of the story,
And I know the story grows richer in glory
each time I write.
For each time I pick up the pencil I
am reminded well of Him who went into that box for me.
He who lay there in all my scribbled mess so I
who can't free myself from these pencil markings
can look on the Man who has no marking of mistake...

except the ones I place on Him.
My scribble marked deep into
 His body
into His soul
on that Cross

wrapped in blood stained linen tight in the tomb
lifeless in black with all my darkness 
so...
I don't have to lay lifeless one day too.

Even more, right now, in this moment
I don't have to live lifeless here!

By His risen Glory we Rise Too!

We will throw away our Sorry Box Easter morning to celebrate His throwing away of our boxes daily.
and then....
                                                        we will probably start another one.



The idea for 'The Sorry Box' was beautifully shared on a website I visit often called,


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful and inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thing to have in your home Emily! I love that you are teaching your sweet family this! : )

    You will never guess what my captcha phrase is!
    sorys

    How funny is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for Easter or for everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea - and your box and photos are perfectly delightful.

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like...