I've heard the way you can tell if a crystal glass is pure or not is by its ring.
Does it clap with beauty when tapped?
Does a melody form in the ear when silver clinks the curved body?
So it is with discerning whether words are true.
You know they are real when it sings inside you as to join in chorus with the Holy Spirit.
It's composition is whole.
Its symphony pure.
Thus you get the phrase, "Sound Doctrine"
Words written by Ann Voskamp rang with truth two nights ago as I wept within a tornado of grief.
Why I picked up her book ? Why I chose this chapter? That, I am not the author of.
She writes in regard to her little sister whom she watched crush under heavy truck wheels and bleed red in her mothers arms until she breathed no more...
"How should anything be amiss? I can see her name on that stone, five letters of my little sister named,
"loved one,"
and I won't shield God from my anguish by claiming He's not involved in the ache of this world
and Satan prowls but he's a lion on a leash and the God who governs all
can be shouted at when I bruise,
and I can cry and I can howl and He embraces...the David- hearts
who pound hard on His heart with their grief
and I can moan deep that He did this--- and He did. - Ann Voskamp
God writes...
" See now that I, I am He, and there is no god besides Me; It is I who put to death and give life.
I have wounded and it is I who heal. (Deuteronomy 32:39)
I know this. I know this now. I know this even though I have fought hard against it.
So, I raise my glass to Christ, the author of all truth that rings within our souls.
(c) Emily Murphy

No comments:
Post a Comment