"God is on the throne and God shows us His scars and God holds the bottle to catch all our tears because He can’t bear to let our grief spill careless and lost." Anne Voskamp
Words written, woven and even wept by Anne settled into my soul in the later evening. I read them twice because they struck strong and went straight through me leaving too sudden. I have heard it before but I could hardly take it in. How often I feel as if no one sees, hears, cares, truly knows and gathers the understandings of my hurt.
HE gathers them, every single salt drop, He gathers. Storing them safe as if they are precious, worth holding, taking care of and keeping well with Him.
He stores our these weepings the way light stores it's self in my window, stain-glass hanging, glimmering daily. The day light and lesser light stores through the pane safe too.
...and the way light settles into floral peddles, to nourish, breath and sit long...,
and the way sun kisses the apple of my boys eyes and I see in the same place where the tear drops wet that this light also bottles itself softly there.
He does this, though I know not fully why,
Yet, He does this no matter the, why?
and I can know He cares for our weeping and perhaps it's His reason of storing them so that when He says He will wipe every tear from our eye, THIS is what he means. For how can He wipe every single tear if those tears were carelessly lost without any place to be kept?
Those mighty, gentle hands
still scared from nails stored within the marrow of His soul will brush over cheeks one final time
and no more bottling will be.
~~~~~~~~~
Linked up this Thursday with: http://gettingdownwithjesus.com/






Your photos are beautiful and thank you for the reminder that God has lots of bottles for my tears.
ReplyDeleteBeautifully illustrated with your photo ...
ReplyDeleteSo grateful that not a tear drops that He doesn't know about.