Phero - The greek word wich means "to bear".
It is used in scripture in bearing light, specifically of the morning star as the Light Bringer.
The word, Photos, comes from the greek word which means, light.

Phero Photos - "To Bear Light"

Monday, October 22, 2012

A Gift Wrapped in a Person


'When God gives a gift he usually wraps it in a person.' - Michale Card

I count on my fingers, one… two…three people whom I wondered would ever be a part of my story or I a part of theirs. What bliss that these uniquely curved smiles, these flesh skins upon bones, these warm-blooded-beating arms touch one another daily.
 
 
To have had even a day with one of them is a gift wrapped in person. The thought of a wrapped package to come through ones gaze upon the other, a shared nerve sparking the feeling called touch, a laugh that gives rise to another, ...
 
 
 even the tears that allow the freedom for the one holding you to cry too are the very gifts that I fail to hold dear daily. Those embraces which are welcomed even when pushed away at times,
Is say to me first .... take hold, take hold, take hold -
for they will not always be.


3 comments:

  1. Oh, how time does fly. Keep counting them as blessing--memorize each detail. It slips through the fingers so quickly.

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like...