Phero - The greek word wich means "to bear".
It is used in scripture in bearing light, specifically of the morning star as the Light Bringer.
The word, Photos, comes from the greek word which means, light.

Phero Photos - "To Bear Light"

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Breast Cancer & Its Valentine Message for Me

 


                                           (Image not mine)

"You should absolutely get it checked out." ...Were the stern affirming words from the radiologist I randomly sat next to at a dinner group.  I kept telling myself 'it's nothing, I'm overreaching', yet I couldn't erase that moment with the radiologist and I couldn't ignore the tenderness of my husband who hung a self-breast exam in our shower two months prior.  Life events are never random are they? That tender spot wouldn't go away.

Nerves full of loneliness in a room filled with women of all ages and race. I was handed a warm white robe to cover up in. I opened the complimentary Bible waiting for me on the table beside the chair. Love wrapped me in that familiar embrace so constantly held out by Him and I took hold. My eyes swam desperate in his words,

 "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD; and my soul shall exult in my God, for He has clothed me the the garments of salvation, he has covered me with the robe of righteousness...Isaiah 61:10

They confirmed a lump that day leaving me with a lump in my throat. Carrying the slothful time of waiting would chisel away even more of my flesh over the next two weeks.   (Continued tomorrow - Feb. 12)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like...