Phero - The greek word wich means "to bear".
It is used in scripture in bearing light, specifically of the morning star as the Light Bringer.
The word, Photos, comes from the greek word which means, light.

Phero Photos - "To Bear Light"

Friday, March 16, 2012

On the Fringes

The earth became blurred as the salt tears were pulled up from the depth of my being and the dirt pushed back into my hands. I wailed there in grass & ground, pounded my fist firm into the dust where her body now returns. All I ever knew as normal was ripped from my marrow and forever bleeds with change.

I am just nearly on the fringes of feeling again. 
I think of the weary woman, who knew blood well, she reaches toward His fringes to feel again.


  To touch hope through the threads of Jesus garment. It came with cost. Fear fell back into her grave for her dry soul to feel again. Not only to hope, but for healing to weave in from
those corner pieces of His robe. For He knew blood well too.

It's the reaching that's scary. What if nothing came of the fringes? What if the bleeding stayed until she bled no more? What if reaching means more salted tears, more fetal curled nights or
more blood for her?  for me, a weary woman too?

I've learned a time too many how trauma welcomes, feeds & makes friends with anxiety. How did Jesus reach up with a still soul knowing this very act was taking Him to thorns, whips, blood and spit? Toward agonizing soul cramps & a carved tree created so metal could plunge through skin & bone? To the place where sin would settle upon the spotless, "I AM"
and His own Father would turn away? How?
How did He quiet His soul when HE KNEW what was ahead?

I am striving to reach toward His fringes through a book called, A Thousand Gifts.
Ann Voskamp's words from this book pierce my numb heart,
"Trust is the bridge from yesterday to tomorrow, built with planks of thanks. Remembering frames up gratitude. Gratitude lays out the planks of trust. I can walk the planks-from known to unknown--and know: He holds.  
I could walk unafraid."

 I can reach toward His fringes when I fear and when I hurt with hate in the ungrateful way I choose so often,.... I can reach.


Then its the times like these when my husband turns on Robert Earl Keen and reaches for my hand... he whirls me in the kitchen and we step in two. I flash back to the first time we two-stepped in my  dorm room walls and the fringes are now being held out to me.
I pause.
And I am Thankful.

 On In Around button

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes, in me, trust and anxiety, gratitude and fear, battle within the same moment, and my reaching for the fringes, calling out His name, is all that brings the trust and gratitude and courage to the forefront. God bless you for this wrenching, thought-provoking post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, most though provoking. Blessing and peace. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous. Blessings to you dear one and thank you for sharing deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Sylvia the raw emotions blend so well together it can be all we can to but to call.

    Not accidentally - just that thought is heart striking and true. thank you for stoppy by.

    and Court, it is dear of you to care and hope blessings on me. Holding hope and blessing out back to you!

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like...