Everything You See Cost Me $10 or Less!
Do not underestimate hand me downs - The teal lamp came from my husbands grandmother "Mimi"
This retro table was sitting outside of a dumpster - It was dark brown with a one tiny knob.
LOOK BEYOND WHAT appears and see WHAT CAN BE!
I spray painted it with two coats and bought new knobs on sale at Hobby Lobby
Do not underestimate roadside offerings!
This lamp sat outside someones house on the side of the road.
LOOK BEYOND THE ROAD and see WHAT CAN BE!
(I used my own lamp shade from the previous lamp that sat here.)
This lamp also sat outside someones side yard and it was gold plated.
I simply spray painted the "gold" with off white and love it!
It's been a wonderful reading lamp.
DO not underestimate garage sales!
Stop by garage sales if you have the time. Nicer neighborhoods help with treasure finding.
Trust me, I don't go looking and researching garage sales.
If I see it and have the time to stop then I do.
This stop gave me a hand blow pitcher to go with my white kitchen for $5
It also gave me an art-deco hand blow pitcher that I now use for a sugar canister.
Why scoop when you can pour...
Go treasure hunt & have FUN!
However,
No treasure hunt could ever find the color my 2 boys bring to my life!
Happy Tuesday, Emily W. Murphy
Our God is a God of COLOR. A God of Details. A Creative God who has made not one alike! We have COLOR inside each of us, COLOR He made to be SEEN!

No comments:
Post a Comment