Phero - The greek word wich means "to bear".
It is used in scripture in bearing light, specifically of the morning star as the Light Bringer.
The word, Photos, comes from the greek word which means, light.

Phero Photos - "To Bear Light"

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Job's Prostration



Job’s Prostration

“Then the Lord answered Job, ‘Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth?
Tell me if you have understanding.’ “Job 38:4

 

The way to where light beams dwell

Hollow stores of nights gape

The mighty-domed canopy

Lofty balanced cloud

Pressured waters hovering

A rainclouds curtain released

Sketched line split-of sky and sea

The deep struck silver with her moon

A looking glass of molten rays

Ocean waves curled in cream

Daylight knows its rising time

Darkness swaddles thick its day

Winter freeze straightening the stream

Snowflakes ostinato quilt

Soundless wind hugging warmth

Warmth cheering on its Spring

Earth pulls the orchestra-

Heel to toe, Heel to toe

Heel to toe, until

Job is not the only one

 

Emily Wolcott Murphy – August, 2012


 
        

1 comment:

  1. Emily, I followed the link from Just Write to your blog and have been captivated reading here. The combination of poetry and photography here is so lovely and moving. I am sad to read of the death of your little sister... what a horrible loss. Your posts had me in tears. I can relate to finding an outlet for grief in artistic expression, and you have done that so beautifully. I pray that God continues to comfort, heal, restore and strengthen your heart on this journey of grief. Thank you for sharing your heart here.

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like...