" From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise" Psalm 8:2
The night before the first day of Kindergarten my Jackson ministered unto me! He says,
"Kind of like when you don't like school and you try it, it can feel kind of good. That's how we can handle messy days?.... stop focusing on what it's going to be like, like I'm fLUSstrated or UMbarrest, and not focus on what I am worried about and reach out to God and focus on playing, and science, and recess and making friends that would be better. And you know what?
Jesus is stronger than Satan, Jesus crushes Satan in the Bible."
He was more ready than I gave him credit for.
Then the dawn-mooned sky welcomed our day...
First things first people! COFFEE
It's time to get up, it's time to get up my sweet Kindergartner.
Breakfast and Eskimo kisses shared
He makes dress-code style look GOOD!
A few tears.... I shed some too.
We can't wait to pick him up!
linked up with:







Oh, my but he IS handsome :). What a wise heart, too. Your photos are so beautiful, Emily (and that coffee mug rocks!). Bittersweet to send off my big boys this year and remember when I stood outside the door peeking in as you did here. I pray he had a great first day.
ReplyDeleteThank you Laura! Thanks for stopping by and for your prayers.
DeleteWhat beautiful photographs, Emily (love your header). How did his day go?! And how did it go for you?
ReplyDeleteStopping by from The Wellspring, and I'm glad to have found you.
Much thanks Michelle, I wrote more on your blog : ) Thanks for stopping by as well.
DeleteOh, yes. I remember those days. My daughter is turning 43 in October and she began kindergarten when she was still 4. I took a picture of her on the house sidewalk on her first day of school and one done the same on her last day of school when she was 17. Have to grin when I see them after all these years. You did beautifully, of course.
ReplyDelete